Tuesday, November 4, 2008

D-Day

Sorry I haven't written much lately.  The Phils' won the World Series, so I pretty much lost last week to partying.  And the past few days I turned my attention inward so I could figure out who would earn my vote.  

To be honest, I still hadn't decided when I entered the booth this morning.  I was at the gym right before polls opened, and my trainer was 100 percent McCain.  She's a 24 year-old from South Philly, not exactly the kinda of Republican most people visualize.  But then again, neither am I.

See, my biggest conflict ended up being a personal moral one - could I vote for a candidate who is not pro-life?  Could I vote against million of unborn children who will never have a vote of their own?

When I got to my polling place (which is 2 booths in a tiny window covering shop where Passyunk Ave. meets 5th Street) at 7  am, there were about 30 people in line in front of me.  I waited a bit and was then ushered to the front of the line because my last name started with a letter between "N" and Z".  Minutes later, I was in the booth and the choice I've been trying to make for months could no longer be delayed.

The deciding factor?  My Grammy.  If you know her, you know how I voted.

Over and out.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

i guess you're guy lost?

Ben said...

It's election season again and you have been missed. Any chance of resurrecting your blog again to cover the Republican Primaries and the General Election? Or are you less undecided this time around?